In 2014, Earth Hour was celebrated in over 162 countries and over 7000 cities and towns worldwide. The symbolic hour has grown into the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment, with beyond the hour projects and initiatives happening throughout the year.
This year Earth Australia is shifting from a moment to a movement, a nation-wide grassroots movement of year-round action on climate change. In 2014, Earth Hour Australia shone the spotlight on the reality of climate change and how it is affecting one of Australia’s most loved natural icons; the Great Barrier Reef.
By taking part in Earth Hour Action you can become a part of the movement and start using your power to take serious action on climate change.
· Your consumer power – to make responsible financial choices like making sure your superannuation isn’t invested in the fossil fuel industry;
· Your power as a friend or neighbour to have a conversation with those close to you about the need to act on climate change;
· Your power as a voter to let our politicians know that we expect them to act in our best interests and ensure Australia is doing our fair share to solve climate change and;
· Your power as a home owner to use clean, renewable energy and help shift away from dirty fossil fuels.
It really is simple, we just need to work together. Through Earth Hour Action you can be part of a special community, working together to create real and lasting action on climate change. Join now and take the first step.
Help build a mass movement of Earth Hour supporters taking action to cut carbon pollution and tackle climate change with Earth Hour and our year-round campaigning arm, Earth Hour Action.
• Work with a team of experienced campaigners to turn Earth Hour from a moment to a movement
• Minimum 2 days a week (flexible) for 3-6 months
• Premier Green Office in Ultimo, NSW